Today can be your January 1st. I know what you’re going to say because I’ve heard it a lot since we sold out of our 2017 PowerSheets a few weeks ago: “Jess, I needÂ #PowerSheetsÂ and you’re sold out! I can’t start fresh without PowerSheets!”
What I’m about to say probably goes against every marketing tactic out there, but I’m going to say it anyway:
You don’t actually need our PowerSheets to start cultivating an intentional life.
Are PowerSheets a tool that helps you organize your thoughts and dreams and break those down into action steps? I wholeheartedly believe so.
Is it helpful to have a beautiful spiral-bound workbook to keep everything together? Yes.
Are you more motivated to stay on track when you’ve spent money on and invested in a tool? Maybe.
But here’s the thing: You can start right where you are. It’s not the product that matters; it’s the work you put into it.Â You don’t have to have a PowerSheets Workbook to start setting intentional goals. In fact, if you wait until 2018 PowerSheets come out this fall, you are doing yourself a disservice by not taking advantage of the momentum and excitement you feel right now.
SoÂ what do you do while you wait? Here are some great places to start (some are even free!):
- In her 2017 Goal-Setting Series, Lara walks through her personal PowerSheets prep and goals for the year. It’s a great place to follow along, with a notebook and pen in hand. There are five parts, and here is aÂ direct link to Part One.
- TheÂ Cultivate blogÂ is full of great tips and tricks that are applicable even if you don’t have PowerSheets in hand! Equal parts encouragement, behind the scenes of what’s happening in the office, and practical to-dos, it’s a great place to find resources for some of your action steps.
- Lara’s first book,Â Make It Happen, incorporates some of the same prompts from the PowerSheets process. Work through this by yourself or with a buddy.
- Our Couples and Parents Companion Guides are a great resource to help you set goals with your significant other or for your family. If youre looking to cultivate friendships, our Fruitful Friendships Workbook is for you! We created these guides to use in conjunction with your PowerSheets, but they’re full of great conversation starters and resources!
- The Making Things Happen Conference is coming back in March 2018! Tickets officially went on sale yesterday, and you can save your seat and secure the early bird price today! I knowÂ you’ll have PowerSheets in hand by then, but trust me, this intensive was created to give youÂ a solid foundation and action plan. It was created to help you simplify your life and gain clear direction.
For those of you reading this that don’t haveÂ PowerSheets in hand, I’m going to challenge you to something today.Â Make a decision to spend the rest of the year intentionally cultivating what matters. Write it down, and start making little by little progress on it.
The Cultivate team is always ready to answer your questions, remind youÂ to focus on your why, and be your biggest cheerleaders. We are on this journey with you!